But… Good news people!
Despite its high sugar concentration when comparing to other fruits, mangoes are super rich in essentials vitamins and nutrients that other fruits can’t offer!
- The phenolic compound found in mangoes has been found to have powerful antioxidant and anticancer properties. It fights mainly against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
- Being high in iron, mango is very good for pregnant women as well as for anemic people.
- The vitamin A (beta-carotene), vitamin E and selenium present in mangoes give high protection against heart diseases.
- Mangoes are able to treat acidity and poor digestion.
- The Vitamin E present in mango increases hormonal system function more efficiently and so boosts sex life.
- Fresh mango is a very rich source of potassium. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
One medium mango has in average:
- Water: 134.82 g
- Calories: 107
- Protein: 0.84 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.05 g
- Fiber: 3.0 g
- Sugars: 24.42 g
So Don’t worry a lot about calories and sugar, moderation is the key!