It’s summer!! And it’s turning really hot!!! I am a fan of salads; I don’t mind eating it for the whole season!
I always look for new quick and easy- to- make recipes, the ones that are refreshing, tasty and healthy at the same time!
While looking for some summer salad recipes, thought of sharing 2 of them here! 🙂
1- Seafood summer salad:
Serves: 4 and needs 30 minutes.
Calories: 180 cal, fat: 8 grams.
4 shucked corn, 2 cups of diced zucchini, 1 cup of diced tomato, 180 grams of crabs, 1 kilograms of cooked peeled shrimps, 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 2 Tablsepoons of olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1/2 cup of fresh basil
– Cook corn in a boiling water for 7 minutes, then remove it to a plate and let it cool. Then cut kernels and put it in a big bowl.
– Put the water to boil again, and cook zucchini for 2 minutes. Drain and add zucchini to the bowl with the corn, and toss in the diced tomato.
– Whisk lemon juice, salt and pepper, and oil in a small bowl and set aside
– Cut shrimps in half and add to it the crab sticks. Place seafood in a medium mixing bowl, and add half of the basil
– Add 2 Tablespoons of the dressing mixture to the seafood and toss well
– Add remaining basil and remaining dressing to the corn mixture in the large bowl, and toss well
– Place lettuce leaves on 4 plates. Top with corn mixture, then top that with seafood mixture
And it’s ready to serve!!
2- Chicken summer salad:
Serves: 8 and needs: 20 minutes
Calories: 200, fat: 14 grams
|1 kilograms of boneless cooked chicken breast cut in halves, 2 Tablespoons of light mayonnaise, 4 peeled mandarine oranges, 7 pineapple slices, 2 teaspoons of white sugar, 12 cup of chopped pecans.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, oranges, pineapple and pecans
Whisk together the mayonnaise, dill weed and sugar. Add to the chicken mixture, toss well and refrigerate for 8 hours so flavors can blend.
Salads are high in fiber, fulfilling and lower in calories than other food choices. They also provide the body with all the essential vitamins and minerals if we know how to make smart choices! And of course we always need to take into consideration the dressing!