All food cravings are diet-killers (if you do wrong choices), but the ones that hit you late at night seem to be the worst diet enemy! It just causes a fast weight gain coz your metabolism will simply go down at night, so anything you eat is more likely to be stored as fat!
That’s why we don’t have to skip breakfast and lunch at all, which help you control your nighttime eating habits!
Plus people who eat the 2 above meals, need to have dinner as well!! Don’t ever think that cutting down the calories will help you lose weight, it will set you up for more food cravings later in the evening!! So eat a medium-sized dinner that includes lots of high-fiber foods (like veggies, salads, and whole-grain breads). Reduce your fat intake at night which will reduce you fat storage as well!
But I understand that many of you, including me, like to munch on something, especially late night after a long busy day, which we usually call it the mindless snacking, which happens usually while watching TV, or while browsing the net! 🙂
CHOOSE HEALTHY OPTIONS!!
– Carrot and cucumber sticks, with some low-fat yogurt dip
– Broccoli and cauliflower raw crunchy pieces, with cocktail dip (mustard, ketchup and low-fat mayo)
– 1 small bowel of low-fat popcorn, full of fiber, super healthy and light!
– 1 fresh fruit from your choice ( one only)! Excellent high fiber choice!
– 1 handful of mixed nuts, full of protein and fiber
– 1 mug of whole wheat cereal with low-fat milk or yogurt
– 1 handful of pumpkin or sunflower seeds, non salted (salt retains water), full of fiber!!
– 2 small squares of dark chocolate, rich in antioxidants!
One simple tip that I usually do and helps a lot!!! Brush your teeth after you eat with a menthol toothpaste! It just relieves the hunger feeling!!
Try it!! 😀